03 April 2009

Maxie and the Marley Movie

My mama and daddy watched a movie about a puppy dog tonight. It was really confusing, because I could see the dog running around on Dad’s big TV, and I could hear him barking and crying.  I kept looking for him, but he never came closer, and I couldn’t smell him.  Finally, after I’d looked for him for a few minutes and realized he was just on TV,I snuggled up between my parents on the couch.  It was a good thing I did, because the dog in the movie –who was a lab like me—got really sick at the end.  It made my mom and dad really sad and they snuggled me a lot and reminded me how very much they loved me.  Of course they love me; I’m Maxie!  I do all the important things around here, like making sure people do things properly and keeping the bed warm, and making sure that they know where things are. Sometimes I even help my dad with his work projects or rewrite Mama’s articles – I’m an excellent editor and an even better lawyer! They sure would be lost without all my help.

That dog Marley, in the movie we watched, had a lot of important jobs, too.  His mom and dad had a lot of kids for him to help with.  I don’t have any brothers and sisters, but I have a whole bunch of cousins that need somebody to run around with them and lick them.  I look after Mama and Daddy, too.  I cuddle up on the quilts that my great-grandmother Nan makes for me – Mom says that it’s good for Nan to make quilts because she has arthritis and can’t get out of the house a lot so making quilts gives her something to do.  I’m always really glad to help my Nan out. She’s a sweet lady. I love my grandparents, and my uncles, and a lot of Mom and Dad’s friends. Anyway, that movie made me think about how many people I love, and how much they need me to look after them.

Mama and Daddy said that Marley movie reminded them of me because he was a lab, just like me, and because he was kind of a frisky puppy, just like I was.  They said that, just like Marley’s parents, they may say that I’m a bad dog sometimes, but that I’m a good boy and that they love me. I think it’s good to watch movies that teach you a lesson, like that you shouldn’t get mad at your dog when he chews things…

I hope all my friends and blog readers will take a few minutes to give a big, sloppy kiss to the people they love!

Maxie Paxie

No comments: