21 September 2008

The Night Max Wore His Wolf Suit...

I went to Louisville this week with my Mom and Dad.  It was pretty cool; I love riding in the car, sitting on restaurant patios with Mom, visiting with my Kentucky family, and playing in the park.  I had huge bowls of water wherever I went, and people stopped to tell me how awesome I was.  I tried to be polite and humble, but I really like it when people are that nice to me!!!
Cherokee Park
I do not, however, like getting sick.  I had an upset stomach all week, and had to go back to the doctor on Friday because I wasn't able to hold down any food all week. I still don't feel great and am so hungry, but I don't quite want to eat.  It's pretty frustrating, y'all.

When we were in Louisville, a little boy asked me if I was named for the character "Max" in the story Where the Wild Things Are.  I hadn't heard of that, because my parents usually want me to leave their books alone, but Mom said it was about a little boy who used his imagination to fight his fears.  I think that is a pretty good idea.  I mean, I get scared when I go to the vet,  when my allergies are acting up, when Mom leaves me to go to her stupid meetings, or when I throw up like I did all last week.  It's a bad feeling and I don't like it. I want to be a good, grown-up boy and behave, but I just want Mom and Dad to make it better.  It would be so awesome if I could put on a cool wolf suit and kick my fears in the butt.  I think I like this Max dude.
When I'm scared,  I like to snuggle with my parents, and I like to go to my apartment where it's safe. How do y'all cope with bad days and fears?

Talk to you soon,

Max

No comments: